** Location: Rm 406, 4th floor - 21 Sussex Avenue, Toronto, ON on UofT campus at the
Student Club House, 4th Floor Dance Studio.
RSVP to stay updated:
- Register in person by attending the class in-person 5 minutes before the class starts.
- Or Pre-register online http://utdanceclub.weebly.com/pre-registration.html and attend the class
- ♬ Our instructor Dominic works with big names in the dance industry, and he's approachable as well as beginner-friendly!
- ♬ Classes are easy to follow, no previous dance experience required!
- ♬ Classes are open to students, non-students, and alumni. Students from any educational institution may attend - you don't have to be a UofT student to take this class.
- ♬ Competitive pricing compared to other dance schools in the city!
Born and raised in Birmingham, England; Dominic grew up around a musically influenced family, ranging from vocalists to music production. In his early years he began performing, but as part of a gospel group that was put together through his high school. After performing nationwide at several events leading up to a trip abroad to perform in South Africa, Dominic gave up singing to pursue Martial arts (Judo).
It wasn’t until his post-secondary years where he found his love and passion back on the stage, but this time as a dancer. Having only been dancing for nearly 4 years, Dominic believes that "hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard." In spite of his relatively tender years, he was a quarter-finalist of Britain’s got talent 2011 and even won UDO World Championship 2010 with his former crew High Definition in the United Kingdom. Moreover, he choreographed and assisted for various UK television events including CBBC's Alesha Dixon's Street Dance Stars, and ITV's Britain's Got Talent. Dominic has worked with many renowned choreographers such as Laura-Anne Gill (London 2012 Olympics), Jamie Luke (Britain's Got Talent, Sky 1's Got to dance) and Nadar Musharbash (X Factor UK); Since being in Canada, he has worked with names such as Hedley, CTV, Shavar Blackwood (SYTYCD) Leon Blackwood, Danny Davalos (Shawn Desman) and many more.
Right now, he is under the artistic direction of Angel Mahoney (The Cast Dance Company) and also part of The Male Initiative, under the directive influence of Shavar Blackwood.